Outside Interactive, Inc. becomes Official Media Partner and Broadcaster of the UTMB World Series in the USA and Canada
Groundbreaking partnership for trail running is set to increase awareness and visibility of the UTMB World Series in the USA and Canada. Outside to broadcast UTMB World Series live content on its digital distribution platforms.
UTMB® World Series and Outside Interactive, Inc., the world’s leading creator of active lifestyle content, services, events, and experiences, have signed a media partnership and broadcast agreement to showcase the 35 spectacular events of the 2023 global circuit. As the Official Media Partner and Broadcaster of the UTMB World Series in the USA and Canada, Outside will distribute live content from up to 11 UTMB World Series Events in 2023 on its web and mobile app platforms, including the three UTMB World Series Majors - the leading trail running events in the Americas, Europe and Asia-Pacific regions – and the pinnacle event, the UTMB Mont-Blanc. Incredible human stories, extraordinary performances, and the unique race destinations of the UTMB World Series will also be featured in Trail Runner Magazine.
UTMB Group CEO Frédéric Lénart said: "UTMB World Series will increase its worldwide visibility thanks to this new collaboration with Outside. We are delighted to work with the Outside team to make trail running accessible to a large community of sport and outdoor lovers and reach new audiences. Outside gathers passionate and engaged communities who believe life is best spent outside, a mindset that we truly share at UTMB World Series.”
Melanie Mitchell, Endurance Group Brand Director at Outside says: "We're thrilled to give our audience a front-row seat to some of the most exciting events in the trail running space. In combining our award-winning storytelling and UTMB's premium production, we'll take our audience inside the action. This partnership will help us reach new audiences and inspire every trail runner to reach their potential."
UTMB World Series 2023 events broadcast on Outside’s digital platforms:
- Istria 100™ by UTMB®, Croatia, 14-15 April
- The Canyons Endurance Runs™ by UTMB®, USA, 28-29 April (UTMB World Series American Major)
- Transvulcania by UTMB®, Spain, 6 May
- Trail Alsace Grand Est by UTMB®, France, 19-20 May
- Val d’Aran by UTMB®, Spain, 6-8 July (UTMB World Series European Major)
- Eiger Ultra-Trail™ by UTMB®, Switzerland, July 15
- UTMB® Mont-Blanc, France-Italy-Switzerland, 31 August-3 September (UTMB World Series Finals)
- Wildstrubel by UTMB®, Switzerland, 15-16 September
- Nice Côte d’Azur by UTMB®, France, 29-30 September
- Doi Inthanon Thailand by UTMB®, Thailand, 8-9 December (UTMB World Series Asian-Pacific Major)
To watch the first event in the series starting on April 14, 2023, go to watch.outsideonline.com or live.utmb.world.