A newly created event, Mauritius by UTMB becomes the second UTMB World Series African event with registration opening to UTMB Index holders on 3 October at mauritius.utmb.world
A leading event in China, Ultra-Trail Mount Yun by UTMB will welcome runners to its sixth edition in September 2024. Sign up to receive more details at mount-yun.utmb.world
38 events confirmed so far for 2024, with more announcements still to come giving runners the chance to live the UTMB experience closer to home.
UTMB® World Series has today confirmed two new events will join the global circuit, which from 2024, will be made up of 38 events across Europe, the Americas, Asia, Oceania and Africa, with more announcements still to come. From the 22-23 June 2024, the newly created Mauritius by UTMB® will become the second UTMB® World Series event in Africa, and in September 2024, Ultra-Trail Mount Yun by UTMB® will welcome runners to the popular Chinese province of Shanxi.
Discover a tropical paradise at the newly created Mauritius by UTMB
A newly created event, Mauritius by UTMB, will become the second UTMB World Series event in Africa when it joins the circuit in 2024, alongside with Mountain Ultra-Trail by UTMB® in South Africa.
Taking place from 22-23 June 2024, it is the ideal time of year for runners to explore this Indian Ocean Island, with cool temperatures and sunny skies. Priority registration for UTMB Index holders will open on the 3 October, with General Registration opening on the 5 October at mauritius.utmb.world.
Across four distances, the race offers an experience for all runners, from the ever-growing Mauritian trail running community as well as international runners who want to explore the incredible local nature. As a green tourism destination, Mauritius has a commitment to develop sustainable activities and leisure, with a multitude of green zones on the island including forests, parks, stunning beaches and nature reserves, where runners and visitors can discover the fauna and flora of the island.
Race distances include: • BLACK RIVER PITON 100M: 135km / 6100m+ • CHARAMEL 100K: 97km / 4400 m+ • BEL OMBRE 50K: 55km / 2000 M+ • LE MORNE 20K: 22km / 890m+
Starting in the village of Bel Ombre in the south of the island and finishing at the Le Morne mountain and UNESCO World Heritage Site, runners can expect some steep climbs and technical trails as they traverse the islands mountainous interior. An experience to remember, runners will climb craggy peaks, run through crystal clear waterfalls, pass by sugar-cane fields and around azure-blue lagoons. Some of the key landmarks of the race include the Ebony Forest conservation area, and the highest point on the island, the Piton De La Rivière Noire. Race Director Gael Mainard said: "We are very excited to join the UTMB World Series. Mauritius by UTMB will offer a brand-new experience in the ultra-trail running world. By participating in Mauritius by UTMB runners from all over the world will have the opportunity to experience a paradisiac ultra-trail event with breathtaking views over the Indian Ocean. Mauritius by UTMB will take runners to tracks out of the ordinary."
Explore cultural, historical, and natural wonders at Ultra-Trail Mount Yun by UTMB
A world of wonder awaits runners at Ultra-Trail Mount Yun by UTMB, as they discover the trails of the Mount Yun in the northern Chinese province of Shanxi. Taking place in September 2024, runners will be able to explore the natural wonders as well as the cultural and historical legacies of the area. Sign up to receive more details on the sixth edition of the event at mount-yun.utmb.world.
Four distances will be on offer, including races in the 100K, 50K and 20k categories as well as a shorter distance.
A journey through time, runners will immerse themselves in the history of the area. Highlights include the imposing Jade Emperor Tower, one of the most spectacular buildings in the Mount Yun range that sits at the peak at an altitude of 1,629 meters, and the ancient village of Ta'erpo, which is known for its cave dwellings. Jade Emperor Tower, one of the most spectacular buildings in the Mount Yun range that sits at the peak at an altitude of 1,629 meters, and the ancient village of Ta'erpo, which is known for its cave dwellings. Jade Emperor Tower, one of the most spectacular buildings in the Mount Yun range that sits at the peak at an altitude of 1,629 meters, and the ancient village of Ta'erpo, which is known for its cave dwellings. Jade Emperor Tower, one of the most spectacular buildings in the Mount Yun range that sits at the peak at an altitude of 1,629 meters, and the ancient village of Ta'erpo, which is known for its cave dwellings.
Runners will also experience the many cultural influences of the region, from the different religions of Confucianism, Buddhism, and Taoism, to the local Bun food scene.
Race Director Mr Sean Qian said: “We are delighted to be part of the UTMB family. The trail running of Mount Yun combines Chinese culture with the beauty of nature, offering runners numerous ancient architectural wonders. This unique race is not only a journey of challenge, where runners can surpass themselves, but also a cultural discovery allowing runners to immerse themselves in the local culture.”
Ultra-Trail Mount Yun by UTMB is the second Chinese event to join the UTMB World Series, with Ultra-Trail Ninghai by UTMB® taking place in the Zhejiang province on the east coast in April. China’s running community and elites have long been attracted to the Dacia UTMB® Mont-Blanc - the pinnacle event of the trail running year and home of the UTMB World Series Finals - with 182 Chinese athletes taking part in 2023. Now with two events in the country for runners to collect qualifying Running Stones, Chinese representation on the start line is expected to get even stronger.
Find out more about Ultra-Trail Mount Yun by UTMB here.
UTMB World Series events are the only place where runners can qualify for the UTMB World Series Finals, held annually at the world’s biggest trail running event, Dacia UTMB® Mont-Blanc. 38 events across five continents have currently been confirmed for the 2024 season so far with more announcements to come, giving runners around the world a chance to live the UTMB experience at an event closer to home.
Runners can view the full calendar of events and choose their adventures here.
UTMB® World Series 2024 calendar (as of 31 August 2023)
• Tarawera Ultramarathon by UTMB®, New Zealand (17-18 February 2024)
• Chianti Ultra Trail by UTMB®, Italy (22-24 March 2024)
• Istria 100 by UTMB®, Croatia (4-7 April 2024)
• Ultra-Trail Ninghai by UTMB®, China (April 2024)
• Desert RATS Trail Running Festival by UTMB®, USA (13-14 April 2024)
• The Canyons Endurance Runs by UTMB®, USA (26-27 April 2024)
• Amazean Jungle Thailand by UTMB®, Thailand (2-5 May 2024)
• Valhöll Argentina by UTMB®, Argentina (9-12 May 2024)
• Ultra-Trail Snowdonia by UTMB®, UK (10-12 May 2024)
• Ultra-Trail Australia by UTMB®, Australia (18-19 May 2024)
• Trail Alsace Grand-Est by UTMB®, France (17-20 May 2024)
• Mountain Ultra Trail by UTMB®, South Africa (24-26 May 2024)
• Trail du Saint-Jacques by UTMB®, France (14-16 June 2024)
• Trail 100 Andorra by UTMB®, Andorra (14-16 June 2024)
• Mozart 100 by UTMB®, Austria (15-16 June 2024)
• Mauritius by UTMB®, Mauritius (22-23 June 2024)
• La Sportiva™ Lavaredo Ultra Trail™ by UTMB®, Italy (26-30 June 2024)
• Western States™ 100 Endurance Run, USA (29 June 2024)
• Trail Verbier St Bernard by UTMB®, Switzerland (5-7 July 2024)
• Val d'Aran by UTMB®, Spain (3-7 July 2024)
• Eiger Ultra-Trail by UTMB®, Switzerland (17-21 July 2024)
• Speedgoat by UTMB®, USA (19-20 July 2024)
• Restonica Trail by UTMB®, France (July 2024 TBC)
• KAT100 by UTMB®, Austria (August 2024)
• Dacia UTMB® Mont-Blanc, France, Italy, Switzerland (26 August – 1 September 2024)
• Julian Alps Trail Run by UTMB®, Slovenia (September 2024)
• Wildstrubel by UTMB®, Switzerland (September 2024)
• Grindstone Trail Running Festival by UTMB®, USA (September 2024)
• Paraty Brazil by UTMB®, Brazil (September 2024)
• Nice Côte d'Azur by UTMB®, France (September 2024)
• Ultra-Trail Mount Yun by UTMB®, China (September 2024)
• TransJeju by UTMB®, South Korea (October 2024)
• Kodiak Ultra Marathons by UTMB®, USA (October 2024)
• Puerto Vallarta México by UTMB®, Mexico (November 2024)
• Kullamannen™ by UTMB®, Sweden (November 2024)
• Translantau by UTMB®, Hong Kong (November 2024)
• Ultra-Trail Kosciuszko by UTMB®, Australia (December 2024)
• Doi Inthanon Thailand by UTMB®, Thailand (December 2024)