The UTMB Index is made up of 1000's independent events from all around the world. With benefits for race organizer and runners, joining the UTMB Index is 100% free and can be renewed in just a few minutes each year.
UTMB Index Organizer FAQ
There are a number of benefits for both runners and orgainsers, please see our UTMB Index benefits page for the lastest information.
Please follow the instructions below to set up your UTMB Index race organizer account.
- create your account on my UTMB
- When you are logged in you can access the Organizer Space via the MY UTMB link.
- Once you are logged in you can create your events and races.
To create your event and races you will need to have the
- Race date
- Start / finish location
- Distance + elevation gain/loss
- Race type (single stage, multi-stage, relay, team)
We do not require GPS files to be submitted for your race to be listed on our site.
The following races can apply for the UTMB Index
- Races greater than 20km-effort will be awarded a UTMB Index,
- In person races
- Teams races
- Relay races - each leg is treated as a separate race.
The following races do not meet the criteria for UTMB Index races
- Less than 20km-effort
- Virtual races
- Back Yard Ultra style - (stop start elimination races)
The UTMB index race calendar is visible here
New races added to the UTMB Index calendar need to be approved to ensure authenticuty. This will take up to one week from the date of your request. Once your race is approved your UTMB Index logo will be available for download in your organizer dashboard.
If your race is approved but it not visible on the calendar, please make sure all the race information is complete. If we are missing the date or location information, the races will not be visible when you perform a detailed search. Any changes made will take up to 24 hours to be reflected on our website. Thank you for your patience.
There is a detailed formatting guidelines available when you are logged into your orgainser account, it is also available here